Laurent Haug is second on the agenda – a founder of LIFT – ideas conference in Switzerland and a partner of a new seed investment venture MKS Alternative Investments. One of our favorite speakers from DOKU:TECH 2014 – Bruce Sterling – is a regular speaker at LIFT and serves on their advisory board.
What kind of future does Laurent envision? Is he as optimistic as Yanki?
Laurent kicked off with a slide deck (we will post the deck here soon!) full of examples of how the future is now. He focused on 5 key fields:
- Automation – the first round of automation was the blue collar jobs and now we are on to the automation of white collar jobs.
- Security and privacy – securing devices and data and securing privacy.
- Future Food – new products such as invitro meat, artificial milk, 3-d printing of food.
- Health – deleting a virus from cells, digital pharma, human and machine collaboration, capturing health data with sensors
- Sustainable development – power from the sun, power from the tides
Laurent was joined on the stage by Kushtrim, Vladan and Yanki to take questions from the audience:
- Taulant from Peja asked – tell us more about food printing. Check out Genie the 3-D food printer and the Barilla 3-D pasta printer.
- Tell us your thoughts on the philosophical issues of autonomous driving cars. What will we do the first time a driver-less car kills someone? What will we do when a plane on auto-pilot crashes and kills the passengers?
- What about emotions in this future you described? What about love? – the answer was cut off by the call to prayer. A fitting break to the first part of DOKU:TECH 2015.